Welcome to Almond House backpackers and hostel, Nelson's super-friendly, cyclist-friendly, traveller-dedicated destination.
As travellers ourselves, we know what makes a great stay - whatever the season.
Summers are all about sunny garden BBQs and home made pizza nights in our outdoor oven, getting outdoors and hammocks, while in winter we have a cozy, sunny lounge and all rooms have heaters plus extra woollen blankets.
We offer a range of accommodation from share rooms to private rooms – so there’s something to suit all budgets. It is homely backpacker and hostel accommodation for the adventuring traveller!
Make us your relaxing Nelson base and you'll be refreshed to explore the region, enjoy the evenings and plan your next adventure.
Book direct with us and avoid the middle man. See a better deal elsewhere, let us know directly and we will match it.
Contact us now for our long term winter rates!
What we offer
- FREE daily selection of breads, spreads and hot drinks for winter Breakfast (starts 9th April)
- Free safe off street parking
- Free guest bikes and lockable storage for your own
- Free baggage storage between stays while adventuring in Nelson
- Free unlimited wifi and internet
- Perfect location just a short stroll into town
- TWO well-equipped kitchens with free hot drinks
- Big fire in lounge for cozy winter stays
- Sunny garden with wood fired pizza oven, bbq, picnic tables and hammocks
- Nespresso coffee machine for guests to use with own pods or purchase the pods from reception
- Long term winter rates available from April
- Reception hours here